Don’t look behind you and duck, I’m only talking about The Second Carolingian Modelbook. Here’s the tentative cover
It’s getting closer to publication. I am NOT ready yet to take pre-orders, but when I am, I’ll post here.
What it will have:
- 180 or so pages, including 75 plates of graphs – 50 line unit, 25 block unit.
- Over 250 individual patterns, with museum citation sources, degree of fidelity to the source, and (when available) date and provenance, plus height and repeat width stitch counts.
- Articles on stitching methods, commonly used names for the styles, etc.
- Index, source bibliography, research bibliography
- Photo illustrations of some of the patterns, worked.
To chivy myself along towards completion I post my to-do list:
- Finish the description and how-to photos of the meshy stitch, so often used as background in historical voided pieces
- Finish the last few entries in the index
- Correct some of the earliest drafted pages, updating a typo in the background frame
Once these things are done I can do final prep for electronic publication, and finish up the legal/infrastructure needs of setting up the business end of the offering.
I know everyone has been VERY patient. I promise the thing will be worth the wait.