What have I been up to while posting the informational notes last week?

Fighting a long-standing battle – and at long last – conquering my nemesis.

I’m not sure if this is a dragon, or a lion, or some other beastie, but whatever it is, I’ve made failed attempts to graph it from its original source. I’ve gotten close a couple of times, but never close enough to do the panel justice. I think I’ve hit it this time – fifth time’s the charm!

I’ve paired it with a border from the same source, but not shown in association with the dragon on the original sampler. Like most of the other strip patterns I’ve stitched over the past 18 months both of these will be in my Second Carolingian Modelbook (TNCM2).

How did the bottom panel turn out?

and how is the piece as a whole coming along?

Technorati : :
Zooomr :
Flickr :

2 responses

  1. I’m voting for ‘dragon’. : ) He’s a great addition to your sampler. Perfect.

    TNCM 2 is going to be stunning. I can’t wait.

  2. It has both horns and ears, so it’s a dragon. The little shoulder-blade bumps on the back seem to be placed so that the branching flower stems might possibly be intended as flower-wings. No wonder he’s looking back in astonishment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: